Contract for Success

Below is the contract I am having my advanced English speaking class sign. I love them already and I can't wait to see their progress throughout the year. I am also including my contract to them.

A CONTRACT FOR SUCCESS

I, ___________________________________ , want to succeed at the Academy for Language and Technology and to achieve in life. To help me with this, becoming a fully bilingual individual will allow me many opportunities to be the successful professional that I want to be in my life. In wanting to become a fully bilingual individual I need to do well in my English classes at A.L.T. To start, I pledge the following:


  • I pledge to be in class, on time, and prepared to do my best work all the time.
  • I pledge to try my best to speak only English in Mr. Simmerman’s class, except when instructed differently, or if I absolutely need translation help.
  • I pledge to be honest and not make excuses.
  • I pledge to respect Mr. Simmerman, other teachers, staff, my school, my peers, and myself all the time.
  • I pledge to bring my personality to this class in order to create a fun, engaging, challenging, and successful classroom.
  • I pledge to support my peers and give help where help is needed.
  • I pledge to learn, laugh, and challenge myself to become a better student and person in Mr. Simmerman’s class.

Signature _________________________________________________

Date ____________

A CONTRACT TO HELP YOU SUCCEED

I, Mr. Simmerman, want you to succeed at the Academy for Language and Technology and to achieve in life. It is my goal to help you become fully bilingual individuals, as it will allow you many opportunities to be the successful professionals that you want to be in your lives. In helping you become fully bilingual individuals, I need to do all that I can to challenge you, set high expectations, and give you the support that you need to find success in all of your English classes. To start, I pledge the following:

  • I pledge to be in class, on time, and prepared to do my best work all the time.
  • I pledge to challenge you to speak only English in my class, except for a few times when Spanish will be allowed, or if you absolutely need some translation help.
  • I pledge to be honest and not make excuses.
  • I pledge to respect every student, other teachers, staff, my school, my peers, and myself all the time.
  • I pledge to set an example of what respect, loyalty, honesty, integrity, fairness, resilience, and humility look like.
  • I pledge to bring my personality to this class in order to create a fun, engaging, challenging, and successful classroom.
  • I pledge to support every student and give extra help where help is needed, even if it means staying after school with students.
  • I pledge to learn, laugh, and challenge myself to become a better teacher and person for the students in this class.

Signature _________________________________________________

Date ____________

No comments: